Every health insurance plan has to provide coverage for the Essential Health Benefits. Not every health insurance plan has to provide the same level of coverage for the Essential Health Benefits (EHB). We believe that it’s helpful to understand what the EHB are – it level sets across policies when you’re making a comparison.
Essential Health Benefits:
- Outpatient Care – Medical care outside the hospital
- Emergency Room Care
- Inpatient Care – Medical care when you’re an admitted hospital patient
- Maternity Care – While pregnant and after giving birth
- Mental Health and Substance Abuse Care
- Prescription Drugs
- Therapy including Physical and Occupational
- Lab Tests
- Preventive Services
- Pediatric – includes dental and vision
Remember, not every plan has the same coverage for these services, but every plan has to provide some level of coverage for these services.
If you’d like to learn more, please contact us here or call 800-303-6329.